MAC 9 ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Call for abstracts open: 1 December 2017
Abstract submission deadline: 15 March 2018
Abstract acceptance notification by 30 March 2018
Payment deadline for accepted abstracts: 13 April 2018
Conference: 4 – 6 May 2018
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Abstracts can only be submitted electronically through official Congress website (www.memsmac.org). Abstract sent by post, fax or email WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Delegate may submit more than ONE abstract (please use the same email address).
- Abstracts must be SUBMITTED BY 11:59 p.m. (Malaysia time), on THURSDAY, 15 MARCH 2018. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Your abstract will appear in print as submitted. Please ensure you check your data carefully before submitting.
- An acknowledgement letter will be sent to you once you have successfully submitted your abstracts.
- Please contact the Congress Secretariat at email@example.com if you do not receive the acknowledgement letter.
- All submitted abstracts will undergo a peer-review process by a panel of expert reviewers. Accepted abstracts will be selected for either oral or poster presentation. The MAC 9 Scientific Committee reserves the right to re-categorise any accepted abstract. The decision of the committee is final and irrevocable. All accepted abstracts will be printed in the Conference Programme book.
- Authors will be notified of the method of presentation, which will be decided by the MAC 9 Scientific Committee.
- Abstract submitters will be informed of the status of their abstracts once the reviewing process is completed.
- Judges’ decisions are final. No appeal will be entertained.
- All abstracts submitted must be in English.
- Once an abstract is selected, at least one of the authors of the poster MUST register for the conference. Payment for conference registration should reach the Conference Secretariat before 13 April 2018 to ensure that your abstracts will be published in the Conference Programme book.
- The abstract title should not exceed 120 characters.
- The abstract should not exceed 300 words, which should include headings for Introduction, Methods, Results and Conclusion.
- Abstracts submitted must follow the abstract submission guidelines, instructions and required information as stated. The MAC 9 Scientific Committee reserves the rights to disqualify the abstract if any needs are not met.
- For further details on registration, fees and payments for the conference, kindly visit www.memsmac.org
Category: Please select the category which BEST describes the content of your abstract. Categories are used for reviewing and indexing purposes. All paediatric abstract submissions should select the option ‘paediatric’ for the category.
Presentation Preference: Participants may select the option for oral or poster presentation. However, the Scientific Programme Committee reserves the right to re-categorise any accepted abstract.
Abstract Title: The title is limited to 200 characters excluding spaces and should be brief and relevant. Capitalise each word in the title. Special characters should NOT be used in your title but spelt out instead (e.g. α should be written as alpha, β as beta). Only use standard abbreviations and generic drug names in the title.
Authors and Affiliations: The first author listed must be the Presenting/Attending Author. Type the authors’ names according to the format and example given. When more than one author is listed, use numbers to match authors and institutions. Capitalise words only as required.
- Structure: The abstract should have the following sub-headings: –
Introduction, Methods, Results, and Conclusion.
- Layout: Please fill in according to the sections provided. Do not include graphs, tables or illustrations in the abstract.
- Word count: The abstract is limited to 300 words.
- Only commonly accepted abbreviations should be used (e.g. OGTT, IGT, ACEI). Less widely recognised abbreviations may be used if introduced on first usage (e.g. ambulatory blood pressure monitoring, ABPM).
- Only approved and generic (non-proprietary) drug names should be used.
- Do NOT enter the title, authors, or grant information into the abstract body submission field.
Please ensure that your abstract does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors, as it will be printed in the abstract/programme book exactly as submitted.
- Diabetes mellitus
- Parathyroid/Bone & Calcium metabolism
- Reproductive Endocrinology